Are We Alone - Skeptic Check: Waking the Dead
The undead, those mindless shambling specters from the grave, are enjoying a cultural (if not literal) resurgence, in films, books, and through strange, urban “zombie crawls.”
Discover the unearthly appeal of these reanimated beings and why playing dead may mirror the real social alienation of our digital lives. Also, how mathematicians use “zombie attacks” to model real disease epidemics, such as swine flu.
Plus – another case of life in suspension: the promise and peril of cryonics.
And, Phil Plait’s vacationing brains swallow a hoax moon-landing-hoax story.
It’s Skeptic Check… but don’t take our word for it!
- Jim Yount – Chief Operating Officer, American Cryonics Society
- Robert Smith? – Mathematician, University of Ottawa
- Dan Vado – President of SLG Publishing, San Jose, California
- Edward Martinez – Makeup specialist, Hayward, California
- Phil Plait – Keeper of the skeptical website badastronomy.com and author of Death from the Skies!: These Are the Ways the World Will End . . .
- Brendan Riley – Assistant professor of English, Columbia College, Chicago